Thursday, January 17, 2008

You Know What They Say...

I have lived all over the North and South American continents. Although language and culture have varied extensively depending on where I was living at the time there has been a consistent "saying" in many of the places I have lived. The saying goes something like this...

"You know what they say, if you don't like the weather in _____, just wait an hour."

Of all the places I have lived, South Florida is the only place where the weather really does change dramatically in an hour consistently. I don't think any other city I have lived in can claim the saying.

With that said, Richmond did have a dramatic change in weather over the last week. Last week we played outside nearly every day in near 700 weather and this morning we got to play in SNOW! It was a fun change.

We built a little snowman (the snow was great packing snow!), but then I got a little carried away and we built a bigger one.

Daniel trying to pick up part of our snowman

I still had some fallen leaves in my yard, but they make great snowman accessories!

The snow turned into rain by the middle of the day but it is still chilly out. Since Christian is out of town and Daniel is in bed early tonight, I'm going to curl up with a good book and mug of warm Postum. What a great day!

No comments: