Friday, January 25, 2008

Jell-O, Jungles, and Jumping

This week we focused our activities around the Letter J. Since I really love seeing others' pictures, I thought I'd show you what we did instead of making you read what we did! Here is our "J" week in photos.

Cutting Jell-O Jigglers for a fun snack. Daniel didn't even want to try the jigglers, he just wanted to cut them.

Our jungle adventure started with making leopard binoculars which we play used to find and run from snakes, monkeys, hippos, elephants, and tigers while going through our obstacle course. Daniel is crossing the river that "has" piranhas snapping at his heals.

Hoping through the swamp

Fighting off the snakes

What's a jungle without monkeys?

Finally, for a fun "J" activity, we went to a place where they had a bunch of inflatable bounce toys for Daniel to jump on. This was a great hit! They had some other fun toys. He was exhausted afterwards and fell asleep on the way home...a great hit for mom too!

I spent a lot of time climbing in and chasing Daniel in the inflatable toys. Chasing him on the toys was much easier on my knees. Maybe my living room floor should be a trampoline. Daniel loves being chased, chasing him is pretty fun too.

I know these ball pits are really germ pits, but I loved them as a kid. Watching Daniel play in it brought back a lot of fun memories. Besides, soap and water clean things up nicely.

No comments: