Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Conspiracy

I think my kids conspire while lying in their beds before going to sleep each night. I imagine the roommate conversation goes something like this

Daniel: "So how are we going to wear mom and dad down tomorrow so we can have free reign?"

James: "dadada DADA baba" (interpretation: "Let's do the usual combo...it seems to work well.")

The usual combo goes something like this

2:00am: James wakes up and screams just long enough to fully awaken his parents.
5:30am: James awakens, eats, goes back to sleep.
6:10am: I warm back up under the covers and start to drift back to sleep.
6:30am: I here the pitter patter of small feet, roll over, and find myself face to face with Daniel.

Last night the roommates did not have a chance to conspire because they both fell asleep in the car on the way home from church. James went with the usual plan. Daniel woke up with James at 5:30am. Christian is in Ohio (probably frozen right now), so I told Daniel to get in my bed to stay warm until I had finished feeding James. Well, my fluffy, warm, cloud bed was too irresistible for him. He fell back asleep and slept until 9:08! A record for sure.

Their little conspiracy works now, but little do they know that the other roommates across the hall, (aka their parents) are conspiring to sign them up for swimming when they are old enough to want to sleep past 6:30am. 5am practices come real early!

But, in reality, I wouldn't have it any other way. I get to wake up to this

and this


which is much more pleasant than waking up to an alarm clock!


6 comments:

Shauna said...

ha ha. I can relate - a similar conspiracy conversation seems to have across the hall from us as well. :)

Sweet Em said...

I am LOL at 9:08. When Aaron asks what time Tessa wakes up I tell him to the minute, without thinking about it. Every minute counts.

Erica said...

I think the same thing might be happening at my house! Eli is in Peru...so I am glad to know I'm not the only one going it alone at the moment!

BunchesofBradys said...

Our children seem to have a plan too. We just don't know what it is yet. I'm very impressed you can translate what they're saying already. Maybe someday I'll be able to understand their evil plans.
We wouldn't have it any other way either...except maybe we'd like a little more sleep and something with which to calm Eli down.

beadify said...

Oh the joys of sleep deprivation! :)
My little one tricked me by starting to sleep through the night at 2 months. Now at 5 months, she wakes up every hour or two, finally settles down around 5 am, and sleeps in until 11 (while I'm up entertaining her brother, of course)...what a lady of leisure!

Dan and Merideth said...

Your kids are so cute! i hate being woken up -- but it will be alright for my own kids to do it to me!