Sunday, January 25, 2009

Christmas in January

Sorry to all my loyal readers for not posting anything all week. We've been too busy playing with all our new toys. Santa (aka the UPS man) delivered presents on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.

Tuesday's package brought us a Play Station II with DDR and karaoke. This was a very generous hand-me-down from my family and we have had fun trying to sing and dance.

Thursday, the package I thought I was going to receive in October arrived. I wish I could express all the blood, sweat, and tears that went into getting this package (ok, there was really no blood, sweat, and tears. Instead there were nearly 100 phone calls and mounting frustration with a small company who kept making promises they did not keep). Alas she has arrived. I treat her as my own child. I should name her. Presenting our new little beauty....

I love the flour she makes. It is so fine and scrumptious!

Christian was a little jealous of me kissing the grinder.

Finally, we got two books on Friday. I'm anxious to finish up the music theory book I'm currently reading so I can read one of our new books. I love getting a new book. I love the sound of the pages cracking as you open it. I think I will read "The Omnivore's Dilemma" first.

Other than that, the boys and I have been playing in the snow. This week Daniel's favorite snow activity is sledding. James even went down the hill by himself. I have no pictures to document that though.

2 comments:

beadify said...

Love the grinder pic!
We want to get a wheat grinder for Christmas next year. Let me know how yours works - I don't know a thing about which ones are good.
We missed the snow at Christmas, but we're doing just fine with our 60-70 degree weather now! :)
We'd love to see you at harvest time..I'll let you know whether that happens in one year, like the guy at the nursery said, or in a few years like all of my neighbors say! :)
ps the secretary at Daniel's seminary made the nativity puppets. a lot of people have asked me about them. if I can get the pattern, do you want me to pass it on?

Stacey said...

I was hoping that was a cotton candy machine...bummer!