Friday, January 16, 2009

Back to Real Life

Last night I finally checked off my last thing on my "get home to do" list...update the budget. Ahhh, it feels good to be home with the laundry done, the refrigerator filled, and our finances updated. Actually, I came home to a clean house and a stocked fridge...Chrisitian came home a week before the rest of the gang and fixed/stocked/cleaned everything in our little abode...I know, I am spoiled.

When we left for Utah, it was 60 degrees and no snow. Today, the high was 10 degrees and the snow is piled high. I have learned if it is going to be cold, there may as well be snow. I'm kind of a fan of the snow now we have all the right gear to truly enjoy it.


Daniel's new found favorite snow activity...shoveling! Our whole yard is like a giant sandbox. Our slopped backyard is great for sledding on (I didn't think it was so great when I was mowing it in the summer). We also have a snow fort under construction.

Now I'm ready to start on my projects to do list. First item...window treatments for my dining room. I'm thinking European bakery awning style. I'm still putting it together in my head.

1 comment:

Dan and Merideth said...

WOW sounds like you are buried under a lot of snow! Have fun with that!
Your boy is so stinking cute! Thanks for your sweet comment! we are so happy and very excited!