Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Up And Running

I'm back! Did you miss me? After two weeks of sporadic internet accessibility I am back online with plenty to blog about.

We are in Boston and loving it! The house we stumbled on has turned out to be great...well, there have been some issues, but the location is fantastic. We are a block away from a community pool (I was thrilled when I stumbled into it, and even more thrilled when I payed $20 for our family's yearly membership...but I do pay a lot in taxes here), play ground, baseball diamond, and soon to be tennis courts. We are .4 miles from the grocery store and YMCA. We are 2 miles from the library. The bus that takes you to the T station (subway) has a stop 10 steps from our front door, so we can easily get downtown without having to worry about traffic and parking. Anyways, I have decided I am going to get a double jogger/bike trailer and put the car up for the summer. I can get anywhere I need to with my two kids in a stroller or on a bike.

We've been in our house for a week now. Most things are unpacked. I still need to hang pictures and window treatments which I plan on doing this weekend. It is starting to feel like home.

The boys and I have done some local exploring. Today we went downtown to a children's festival for the 4th of July. It was an adventure, but fun to get out. I will post some pictures when I find our camera's USB chord. It is around here somewhere. Stay tuned for updates on our Boston adventures.

3 comments:

Tasha L. said...

Yeay! We've missed you. I'm so glad you are enjoying Boston. I wish we could get around without using our vehicle. We're looking forward to lots of pictures!
Tasha

Ahren said...

We're so glad to have you back on the blog. Your location sounds great.

Ahren

~Aimee~ said...

Hooray, you're there! I've been hoping you'd be back soon. Sounds so exciting. Can't wait to see pictures!