Saturday, July 12, 2008

Blueberries For The Hahn's

There are a couple of summer activities that bring back floods of childhood memories. Picking raspberries is one of them. My grandparents had several raspberry bushes in their back yard where we would pick berries and eat them. My grandma would make the most delicious raspberry jam and we would eat homemade whole wheat bread with jam and butter on it whenever we visited. I was reminded of all those great memories today as we picked 4lbs of berries!

Daniel picking berries

James' idea for berry picking...napping.
I think he is the smartest one in the family.

The harvest

Blueberry picking was not interesting enough once he spotted the tractor.

Hooray for life!

2 comments:

Ahren said...

What a great family tradition. I always love reading your blog. You are such an awesome family.
I love the hooray for life picture. Adorable!
We laughed at the size 5 diaper water weight Daniel was carrying around.

~Aimee~ said...

My mom would pick our raspberries and make jam every year too. It was one of my favorite things growing up. Soooooo yummy.