Thursday, July 31, 2008

Daniel's First Race

Our town has a .8 mile race for the kids every Thursday night during the summer. Daniel completed the race tonight and I'm so proud of him (he ran/walked). It took 19 minutes. Believe it or not, we were not last...we were second to last, but I can tell you he was the only runner in diapers (he was definitely the youngest runner). At some points in the race I had to help him pretend he was a rocket or an airplane to get going and then I just plain ol' chased him with the stroller. Chasing him really got him moving.

It was really cute. Daniel was very excited at the beginning because he saw the older kids start their race. At the end, they gave all the finishers a ribbon and all the finisher's names will be published in the local paper tomorrow. I think he might hold the town record for the two year olds. We'll try to break the record next week.

Sizing up the competition


The starting line


And he's off


The following series of pictures was my attempt to get a picture of of Daniel holding up his ribbon.



PS: I did cut his curly locks and I'm a little sad. I miss the ringlets.

2 comments:

April said...

That is soo cute! I love the last picture. It looks like he's hugging his ribbon!

Ahren said...

Go Daniel! That's awesome.