Sunday, June 8, 2008

Two Weeks and Counting

I have to apologize to all my loyal readers out there...if I have any loyal readers. I have not been doing a good job at updating my blog lately. I have been meaning to update it more than once a week. Alas, my only excuse is life and the curve balls it throws and how dealing with them consumes a lot of your time.

One of my pet peeves is when people start complaining about how busy they are. When they do, I think to myself "Isn't everyone busy? Buck up!". I have no sympathy for them.

So, in saying all this, I don't want you to have sympathy for me. I don't mean to complain about how busy life has been. You probably won't even think I've been busy when I tell you about the day my friends and I went to the beach with our kids. This whole introduction to this blog entry is a round about way of telling you to not check my blog more than once a week because I don't plan on updating it more than that for the next little while and I don't want you to waist precious time from your own busy life checking it!

Like I mentioned before, some friends and I went to the beach Friday morning on a whim. I couldn't believe all the stuff we had to take with us! It is amazing how much fore thought you have to put in to planning a day trip to the beach with 6 kids all under the age of 3! All three of our cars were full of coolers, umbrellas, beach toys, and sunscreen. While I was packing my car I thought it was not going to be worth it, but it was. We had such an enjoyable day.

All our stuff

Despite our best efforts to get the boys to look at the camera, we could not win out over the trucks, sand, and water!

Ah, this is the life!

In other Hahn news, I have been dealing with a very itchy case of poison ivy. I've never had it before and wouldn't wish it on anyone. It is healing, but not fast enough!

When we sat down at the table the other night for dinner, we found this....

Someone, who will remain anonymous, had nibbled a little on every cob!

Our swimming lessons are going well. Daniel is getting confident in the water. I did have to jump in and rescue him after he ventured out into the middle of the pool the other day. I was amazed at how quickly he got into trouble. He did do what I've been teaching though (jumped up and down off the bottom of the pool for air), but it was scary for all of us. I'm proud of him for jumping and even more motivated now to get him totally swimming as soon as possible.

James is as cute as ever. He now weighs 14.2 lbs and can hold his head up really well.

After some very stressful weeks in dealing with our house woes (in Richmond and Boston), we are hoping things will settle down. The topper was when our realtor could not find the confirmed delivered envelope with important paperwork in it as well as a huge check. Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

3 comments:

Tasha L. said...

It's so fun to see your pictures. You might be interested that to know that I think James may have passed Abby up. Jace told me he weighed her, and she is 13 lbs. I'll have to check tomorrow, can't have little cousins passing us up! Of course, I wouldn't want her to weigh more than him forever. That would be scary. Good luck with everything with the new house, I wish I could come help you pack! (Or take your boys to the beach while you pack!)
Tasha

Tim said...

Uhmmm..... 11 days and no post. What is going on?

~Aimee~ said...

I'm a loyal reader! Though I'm in the same spot and not updating my blog very often either. Like maybe every couple weeks. Oops. ;-) Glad to hear all is well. :-)