Tuesday, June 3, 2008

It's Been A While

Getting ready to move to Boston seems to be monopolizing our time...and taking care of two young boys...and getting all the basics done in life. So, here is just a quick update on our lives as we close out these last couple of weeks in Richmond and start a new chapter of life in Boston.

First of all, our precious little house in Boston is awaiting our arrival along with thousands of termites who have invited and welcomed themselves into our home and caused $7000 worth of damage. Thank you termites! We are not so glad you made yourselves at home. Luckily, the previous owner has been very honest and fair and is forking out the money for this. I'm so grateful for honest people!

Christian and Daniel went on their first Father and Son ward campout. Daniel was too excited to sleep. Going in and out of the tent and hiking with Dad and the lantern was too much fun.

While Daniel and Christian were camping, James and I went and played kick ball with the other moms and girls. After the game, some girlfriends and I went out for ice cream. I felt like I was in college again...going out late with my girlfriends. I guess carrying a baby carrier around with me the whole time didn't really remind me of college.

James is getting so fun. He is socially smiling and talking now. What a pleasant little guy and wonderful addition to our family. Christian blessed him on Sunday and it was a beautiful experience.


Finally, now that summer has arrived, I am teaching swim lessons for Daniel and three of his little friends. The whole situation is working out so well. Instead of payment, the other moms are watching James while I'm in the pool and one other mom (who happens to be a photographer) is going to take some family pictures for us. I feel like I'm getting a bargain.

The swimming is going well and all the little boys are having fun and getting more comfortable in the water. We did have a slower start last week when during one lesson I made all but one of the boys cry because I dunked them. But now, most of them will go under the water willingly. My goal is to have them swimming short distances and floating on their back alone by the time we leave.

2 comments:

~Aimee~ said...

Oh no! That's awful about the termites! Glad it's being taken care of. Yay for James growing and learning more. And exciting about swimming lessons. :-)

Amanda said...

Hello! Isn't it fun trying to buy new houses only to find lots of termite damage?!? We are having the exact same problem with our house in Oklahoma! Fortunately our sellers agreed to fix that for us too... but that leaves us with the resposibility for fixing a few other minor problems. Oh well... I guess that's part of the fun, right? Good luck with the moving! Keep us posted!