Sunday, May 25, 2008

Who Knew?!?!?!?!

Last weekend we went out to visit my brother who lives in Iowa City. The stereotype of Iowa holds true....lots of corn fields and tractors, but Iowa City is quite a gem. Who would have known? I was so impressed by the kind people and cute city. America's heartland would be a great place to live.

The street our hotel was on

Besides the corn fields, Iowa is also home to the "World's Largest Truck Spot"
Sorry Texas!

The playground in Iowa City with fun Uncle Tim

While we were in Iowa, we visited Carthage and Nauvoo, IL. It was neat to reflect on the historical significance of these two cities in Mormon history and to walk up and down the streets. My favorite part of the trip however, was spending time with my whole family. I left feeling rejuvenated for life again. I wish we could have more of those family days, but I treasure the memories and the moments.

Brothers

The little boy is joyfully doing his job.
The big boy...not so much.

Pioneer games

We wouldn't have made it across the Mississippi!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yep, we are coming to visit!

PR