Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Thoughts on Pregnancy

I'm now in the last couple of weeks of my pregnancy. I don't know if any other pregnant woman feels like she can't remember what it is like to not be pregnant anymore, but I have forgotten what it is like to:
  • See my toes
  • Chase Daniel easily and really wrestle with him
  • Not see my belly button poking out through my shirt
  • Not wear elastic waisted pants
  • Sleep on my stomach and back
  • Not dread having to bend over to pick something up
  • Be able to see if the bottom of my shirt is dirty
  • Sleep through the night
  • Not be congratulated on proper weight gain every time I go to the doctor (or even not having to step on a scale every week!)
  • Deal with greedy insurance companies
  • Run (I really miss running)
  • Turn sideways to squeeze through a tight area instead of being narrower going through straight on
But, as much as I can complain, I really have easy pregnancies and the little kiddos that come out of it are more than worth it. Hooray for mommyhood!

2 comments:

~Aimee~ said...

I understand what you're talking about! Especially on the sleeping through the night thing. ;-)

beadify said...

Elastic waisted pants--ugh. I just started into them. I put it off for as long as possible, but just couldn't squish into my jeans any longer! I've got a long 19 weeks left of them! :)