Sunday, March 9, 2008

A Rainy Saturday Morning

I'm so grateful for stores like Lowes and Home Depot. The staff is well trained and provide great instruction to do your own home improvement projects. I love doing home improvement projects! The other great thing about Lowes and Home Depot is they have fun, free building workshops for kids and a bunch of rider mowers.

Yesterday, we went to Lowes to buy some hardware and a wireless doorbell (you would think that would be a quick trip). Instead, we ended up spending over an hour testing each mower and building a periscope.

Sitting on and driving each mower is one of Daniel's favorite activities.

Daniel and Dad with the periscope they built together. These are great Saturday morning child/parent bonding activities. Christian is going to bring Daniel to them while I get out and do some things on my own. They are free. You even get a cute apron and patch for every project you complete.

2 comments:

Tim said...

So what is the age limit for making a periscope? Can I do one?

Lizzy @ The Tip Spot said...

I've never heard of these classes...filed away for later for sure!