Saturday, September 7, 2013

Happy Birthday Cabub


Dear Little Cabub,

How are you already 1?  Oh how I love you!  I love to squeeze you, and hold you when you fall asleep in my arms.  You never sit still long enough for me to hold you otherwise.  But when you do fall asleep in my arms, your cute little face melts my heart...I want to gobble up your cheeks and your nose and muzzle my face right in to your neck.  I never want to let you go, I just want to hold you.

 

Your little giggle is contagious.  I love to chase and then catch you when you try and get away from me.  You laugh and then tense up your little body when I do.  And then you growl at me, and I growl back at you, and it becomes a game.  Your other favorite game to play is climbing on to the dishwasher.  When you get up on the downed door, you stand there looking so proud of yourself.  Then I come whisk you away and you growl at me, and then I growl back at you.


 After you ate your cake, I had to bathe you.  You love water...when it is warm.


And then after you were all clean, a snuggled you, and smelled you, and held you close until you fell asleep.   Then I just looked at you in my arms and said a little prayer of thanks for you.  Then I quietly tip toed to your room and tucked you in your bed.  I gave you your blankie and made sure the tags were close to your mouth, just the way you like it.  You laid there, holding your blankie, but really, you are holding my heart.

I love you little Cabub.

love,

Mom

1 comment:

Gaylene and Emil said...

Oh!!! He' stolen my heart too!