Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Patriots Day

The third Monday in April is Patriots Day around these parts. It's the day we celebrate the first squabbles of the Revolutionary War. There is so much to do and see. We've done something different each year.

This year we headed out to see the re-enactment along Battle Road (the road the British marched back to Boston on after trying to seize the stockpile of arms the patriots had out in Concord). It was amazing. The best re-enactment I've seen.



“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
-John Adams

They also run the Boston Marathon on Patriots Day. There is always a little part of me that wishes I was out with the runners. I suppose it will always be that way.

No comments: