Sunday, June 28, 2009

TRI the Lake

I swam/biked/ran my first triathlon on Saturday and I still have the #116 tatooed on my arm. I'm going to try another...but I think I'll train for it next time. I swam 400m, biked 13 miles, and ran 3 miles.



The swim was a lake open water swim. The lake is in the greater Boston area...it was NAAAAAASTY! I couldn't see my fingertips when they were stretched out in front of me. Forget about swimming fast to beat the next person, I was swimming fast to get out of the lake.

The biking part was ridiculous. I was on a mountain bike and EVERYONE else was on a road bike. I didn't realize there was such a huge difference between the two types of bikes. I might as well had been on a beach cruiser with a little old granny bell on it...at least then my patootie wouldn't be as sore as it. Beach cruisers have cushy double-wide seats.

I was second out of the water, and then everyone passed me on the bike. I made up a lot of ground on the running, but I don't know my exact placing or time. I tried to find the results online, but my google powers aren't up to speed today...maybe the bacteria from the lake is eating my brain!

9 comments:

Naomi Forsyth said...

That is sooooo awesome!!!!!
You are the best!

Ahren said...

Very nice Tara. That's really amazing that you are doing so much physically. Way to go!

BunchesofBradys said...

Wow! You should have told us...you little secret keeper. We would've loved to come see you....Saturday was a boring day for us. Seeing you in the triathalon would've been super exciting. Good job on the race...sounds like you are in your prime! Live it up baby!

ellen said...

Way to go! I noticed the number on your arm last night and I should have asked you about it. :)

Dawn said...

Great Job Tara! I think I would have swam fast to get out of that water too!

Cheree said...

Congratulations, Tara. You continue to amaze me!

Yorgasons said...

Tera you are my hero!!! you are sosoooo amazing!! I wish you could come down here and whip my bootie into shape!!

Tasha L. said...

Wow, I'm impressed. Good job!
Tasha

Sherie said...

so this is late, but that is so awesome! I've always wanted to do a TRI but I haven't really swam ever--are you a swimmer? Did you have all the gear for the whole thing?
I know what you mean about the mountain bike--I did my BI on one and felt quite out of place. :)