Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Scooper Bowl 2009

I almost aborted mission to the Scooper Bowl this morning as we were standing at the bus stop in the pouring rain with two not-so-rested children. Before the code red alarm sounded, I talked myself into pressing on, because if we didn't make it today, we would have to wait a WHOLE year to try again.



The Scooper Bowl is an all-you-can-eat ice cream love fest (and raises money for cancer research). We ate all we could. I was wishing I had elastic waist pants like my kids had on.


Best Ice Cream
Ben & Jerry's "Strawberry Cheesecake"

Runner Up
Baskin Robbin's "Peppermint Patty"

Nastiest Ice Cream
Baskin Robbin's "Cotton Candy" & "Rock n Roll Swirl"



Our Scooper Bowl trophy (a collection of all our ice cream cups...18!)

Lest you think I'm that irresponsible of a parent, I will tell you I only let the kids sample a small bite out of each cup and threw the rest of the ice cream away...even the good flavors. Turns out diminishing marginal returns holds true with ice cream too!


Miraculously, both kids fell asleep in the car on the way home. It must be the sugar crash. Maybe I will feed them ice cream for lunch everyday.

5 comments:

ellen said...

I'm so glad you went! It's fun!!!

The Lamoreaux Family said...

Why don't they do that in Rexburg?? I would loving raising money for cancer research this way!

Shauna said...

Oh! Now I wish we'd gone. I wasn't willing to brave the rain. :(

Yorgasons said...

You threw it away!!! Oh man Tera! I would have eaten it all! You are so good!! What a good way to raise money for cancer!!

Ahren said...

Yummy!