Tuesday, February 19, 2008

And We're Off

Many of you might know I grew up moving about every three years. My longest stay in one place was 3 1/2 years in South Florida. We have been living in Richmond for 3 years now. I thought I would break my 3 1/2 year record here, but alas, I will merely tie the record because we are moving to.....


BOSTON!

So, here is the nerdy explanation for the move. Christian works for a company called National Instruments (not to be confused with Texas Instruments). National Instruments (NI), makes test and measurement hardware and software that engineers and scientists (i.e. nerds) go gaga over. So if you haven't heard of the company, and don't really understand terms like "test and measurement", "virtual instrumentation", or "industrial automation" don't worry. That just means you are not a nerd! Christian will be focusing on developing the industrial automation accounts in the Northeast. Hence, the move to Boston..

In layman's terms, Christian got a promotion within the company and now we are moving.

We are super excited about the move. We will miss the little life we have set up here in Richmond. We have met and befriended amazing people who have broadened our perspectives and understandings as well as challenged our ideas. I feel like we have discovered a lot of truth about life here and I'm grateful for the time we have spent here. Thank goodness for blogs, emails, cell phones, and digital cameras! There are so many people we want to keep in touch with.

9 comments:

Cheree said...

Congrats, Tara and Christian!!! Thanks for keeping in touch. We're pregnant with our 3rd, due June 29th. Devlin graduates in August and we have a couple of interviews lined up. We'll see where we end up!

Amanda said...

How exciting! I know how much you both love Boston. This means Paul and I can come for a visit!! Yay!

April said...

Congratulations on the promotion! I think we might just have to come out to Boston and visit. When do you move??? Don't forget you're pregnant, so don't lift anything heavy! (Like you could forget you are pregnant...)

Ginny Lubin Butler said...

You guys are really doing it! Congratulations!! Wow, six months ago this was just a "what if?" Does Boston seem like a good spot for a friendly commune of the under-water/self-sustaining variety?

Brent said...

Part of me is really sad you are leaving. But I am super excited that you are staying in the East. And BOSTON! Home of one of the coolest bands in the 70's (namesake), as well as the niftiest accent this side of the Mississippi.

How much longer do we have you? (Be.....Strong).

Seriously. I am really sad you are leaving. Christian: How are we gonna build a tunnel between our houses now? Boston to Richmond is a logistical nightmare.

Tara said...

I guess I did forget to put the time frame in. Christian starts July 1st...so we have a while. We are up to building tunnels and underwater communities up there.

Lizzy said...

awesome!

Jenelle said...

Wahoo!!! That is so exciting! Boston is a beautiful city! Will you be living in the suburbs or in the city proper? There is so much history up there! Be sure to go on the Liberty Trail that takes you through a lot of sights. How fun!

~Aimee~ said...

WOW! Boston! How awesome is that?! That rocks, in my opinion. I have family in CT, so it'd be MUCH easier to see you both, whenever we make it to the East coast. That sounds so exciting! How soon do you move?