Wednesday, March 7, 2012

More on Ron Paul

(This is a picture of my brother-in-law introducing Ron Paul in Idaho)

My sister-in-law sent us a link to a chart comparing the voting history/platforms between Mitt Romney and Ron Paul. The issues presented also include quotes from Latter-day prophets and apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on the church's stance. I found it very interesting and was glad someone took the time to compile it. Anyways, I think they did a good job presenting the material in an easy-to-follow format and it is worth looking at.

Prophetic Counsel, Mitt Romney, and Ron Paul


Now I am just going to say a little more on this. The one thing I hear all the time when people find out I'm a Ron Paul fan is,

"He is wacky, out of touch, and extreme!"

At this point I want to ask them,

"Have you read and studied The Constitution of the United States? Do you believe that document was inspired and is the foundation of such a great nation? Have you looked at Ron Paul's consistent voting record that always upholds The Constitution? Do you know he refuses to meet with lobbyists and always votes on principle? Have you noticed no one can attack him and that he just speaks refreshing, direct, truth?"

Well, those are some of the first questions I want to ask. But there is more.

And as for Mitt Romney, I feel no obligation to vote for him because we share the same faith. I do believe he is a good person. I don't know him personally, but if I were a betting woman, I would wager that way. But "good" is not the only quality I'm looking for in a president. I believe Ron Paul is good, and as my friend once said,

"He is the only candidate who has ever read The Constitution."

Ok, now we can get back to the pictures and antics of my kids.