Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Midwest Visitor

I was telling my Mom as I drove her to the airport this afternoon, I like following the signs to the "Arrivals" and not the "Departures". My Mom's departure, although not fraught with the anticipation of the arrival and adventure, left behind such beautiful work and memories. It was so good for my soul to work along side my Mom for a week.



Originally the plan was to work on the basement, but with summer-like days, we ditched the dungeon and headed outside. My yard has never looked so good! We cleaned up all the winter yuck and planted flowers. I've never planted anything here. We are usually trying to kill things in the yard. We also burned yard waste for 6 hours. I'm not talking a small campfire burning for 6 hours, I'm talking about a boulder-cracking-bonfire-whose-embers-were-still-hot-two-days-later fire.

After the warm weather departed, we moved inside. The house had a layer of dust over everything, and within a day it was shining. I'm talking sparkling and glittering. There are no finger prints on any walls or windows, you could eat dinner off the floor under the fridge, and drink out of my light fixtures....spring cleaning at it's finest. I'm glad our house is cottage size.

You may be asking how did we get all that done with three small kids? Well, Grandma and Grandpa brought the entertainment too (more on that to come). I have never seen such dark dirt rings in the bathtub like I did this last week...I love that.

Thank you Mom and Dad.

4 comments:

Yorgasons said...

Tara!! I love you!! I love reading your blog!! I am so glad your mom came for a visit!! How nice to have your house sparkling...I don't think my house has ever been like that!! :) Love you!!

Tasha L. said...

Oh, this just makes me want to work in the yard & have a sparkling clean house, you are so inspiring! How fun to have your mom there to visit, it sounds like you had a great time. I think we are going to have a similar bonfire soon!

Gaylene and Emil said...

Wow! All that energy! You need to send some my way. This morning I helped my visiting teachee pack for her upcoming move--does that count??

ajensen said...

Sounds like a full on party. Perfect timing to come with the weather. Wish we couldve seen them!