Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Patriots Day

Yesterday was Patriots Day.
If you don't live in New England, you might not know what that is.
It all started on April 19, 1775 and has continued on.
It is, as my friend says,

"Boston's best day."

It starts early...5:45, with a re-enactment in Lexington.
This is where the first squabble with the British occurred.
Paul Revere had warned the men
"The British are coming"
the night of the 18th.
The British were marching out to Concord to seize the ammo and other supplies.
The Patriots tried to slow them down in Lexington.

I am amazed we won...not this encounter...because we didn't...but the war.

Then, there is the running of the marathon.

I still get all those antsy feelings for the runners.
I didn't run it this year, but this is my favorite marathon picture from two years back.

And it ends with ice cream with friends at Kimball Farms.

I can't wait 'til next year.

1 comment:

Kate said...

oooooo i can't wait to go to kimball farms again:) glad you had a fun day:)