Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Birthday Gifts



For my birthday, each of my kids gave me a special gift.

Anna had a 4 layer blowout.
A blowout worthy of a 20 minute trip home from our activity so she could have a bath, and a 20 minute ride back.
Christian was the hero...he drove, bathed, and cleaned.

James' gift started with a cry.
He cried so hard his lips turned purple,
then his face,
then his hands.
Christian saved the day again by catching him just as he became limp and passed out.
When he came to, he was fine.

And Daniel learned the lesson about cutting hair...his own.
And of coarse, Christian was the hero, he documented this rite of passage.

Phew, I'm glad birthdays only happen once a year.

4 comments:

Danny and Laura said...

Oh motherhood. There is never a dull day. Happy Birthday!

Ahren said...

Oh my goodness, what a day! Wonder what their saving up for your mother's day. ;)

Kyle Yorgason said...

Oh happy birthday Tara!!! I love the way you document things!!! Mia had one of those blowouts on sunday and we live 20 min. away. My hubby couldn't rescue me though cuz the poop was on me too. So we drove 20 min home had to give her a bath too and 20 min back...oh the joys!!! Looks like Daniel didn't damage his hair too bad!! Oh those beautiful curls of his! THank you christian for saving the day!

Tasha L. said...

Priceless...
Happy Birthday!
Tasha