Monday, May 10, 2010

May I Present...

Before


After


I know you are thinking we are pretty good with Photoshop, but I'm here to tell you, that was all done by manual labor.
  • Cut down 5 large dead trees (made a bonfire)
  • Pulled out 789634587719 smaller trees (made more bonfires)
  • Transplanted vinca from backyard to front yard
  • Doubled the size of the usable yard area
  • Recovered from five stints of poison ivy
  • Rented a backhoe...disaster
  • Built a 50x4x4 ft granite wall
  • Leveled the dirt and planted seed
So please, do us a favor and enlarge the "after" picture. Just to flatter us. We are super proud of it.

10 comments:

Amanda said...

Ooooooo... Ahhhhhhh...! Looks GREAT and I bet you guys are just excited to have it done! You're going to have a great summer back there!

ellen said...

I want to hang out in your backyard!

Jim and Lisa said...

Your lawn is gorgeous! You guys did an awesome job!!

Danny and Laura said...

Picture enlarged? Check.
Wow! That looks awesome. I'm very impressed with the results of all of your hard work. Good job.

BJ said...

That is beautiful. Great job!

beadify said...

You super ambitious woman, you! Looks great, and so does the chair. I must say, you have vision!

We went to the Gila Valley temple open house last weekend. I had flashback memories of lots of white tents, black umbrellas, and silly talk...and you were included in the middle of all the memories! :)

Skittish Chicken said...

Wow! I'm super impressed. Yard work is so gratifying. I'm sure the picture only shows a small bit of how hard it was. Good job!

Drewmeister said...

This looks awesome-would love to see it in person sometime to get the full effect

Skittish Chicken said...

Sorry, I posted that comment from Aliysa's profile. She is "skittish chicken". It comes from when she was really little and we asked her how she felt one time when she was nervous. She said "I feel like a skittish chicken. Anyway, that comment was from me.
Tasha

Ahren said...

Your yard looks so fabulous! Nice job on all your hard work.