Thursday, March 18, 2010

Cheese Grater History Lesson

When we first got married, we had a cheap cheese grater from Walmart that looked like this:

This was the type of grater I was accustomed to from my growing up years. It worked all fine and dandy until the handle broke off. So we replaced it with the kind of grater Christian was accustomed to from his growing up years. Our second grater looked something like this:

Christian swore this grater would be the last grater we purchased because his parents still use the one they bought 7863489720923 yrs ago. So I splurged a little on this grater and bought it from Target.

Well, it didn't last long at all. Plus, I really don't like this type of grater because I find if much more difficult to clean (no offense...especially to my inlaws who could carbon date their grater).

So we really splurged on our current grater. Check out this bad boy from Williams & Sonoma

I'm pretty sure it is the only thing I own from that store, but I love it. It is sharp and strong. I think it will last through the ages. Plus, it has grated of more of my own skin than all the other graters I've ever used combined.

I'm afraid to buy a really good knife set.

1 comment:

Malisa said...

or you could just buy grated cheese...? ;)