Thursday, September 3, 2009

Daddy's Homecoming

6pm is a magic time around here. The two kiddos and I sit on our front step to wait for Dad to come home. It is so fun to sit there in anticipation of his arrival. We check every car that drives by. When Dad finally drives up the welcoming party erupts (waving, screaming, pointing, dancing, giggling). I don't know if the arrival party happens because of the little show Christian puts on as he drives up or if it is in anticipation of the tickling and wrestling that is moments away.

One day I would love to have a wrap around front porch with a swing. By then, my kids will probably not want to swing and wait for Dad to get home. I guess our crumbly cement step will be in our memories forever.

5 comments:

BJ said...

That sounds so familiar. Same with our house.If the boys are not outside waiting, they are listening inside to her when the garage door opens. Then it is pure madness. I need to get some ear plugs!

Dan and Merideth said...

I love this!

Tasha L. said...

Oh, that is so darn cute!
Tasha

Ahren said...

That's so sweet!

Ahren

Phil and Ronnie said...

That's sooo awesome! Ivy and the dog do that everyday too. It makes me think of the Primary songs. I love to seem them get excited about seeing Phil!