Saturday, March 14, 2009

Wiindow Treatments Done

Thursday I woke up determined to cross the dining-room-window-treatment-project off my list. The project had been months in the works in my head and weeks in the works with actual tangible goods. And Thursday was the day all the planning and preparing was going to come to fruition. Collecting the goods was a project in and of itself which included:
  • 3 trips to JoAnn's Fabric (a feat in and of itself considering I lost a child in between material spindles during one trip, got my husband to go along in another trip, and dealt with a disgruntled employee my final trip)
  • 1 trip to Target
  • 3 trips to Lowe's (it is easy to get Daniel excited about going to Lowe's because they have rider mowers to sit on and forklifts to watch)
  • 5 extra drilled holes in my wall
But alas, I finished and I'm quite pleased with how they turned out.

But, when I get in the project finishing zone, there is no stopping the tiger. The boys had free reign. Anything goes as long as I couldn't see anything and they didn't interrupt me...out of sight, out of mind. I got so involved in the project I didn't eat lunch...so the boys didn't eat lunch. At about 3pm I walked into the kitchen to find my famished child serving himself lunch.

And later, after Daniel discovered our stash of candy, I found this...

No wonder everyone was so quiet for a while. At least Daniel shares when he finds some goods.

Needless to say, cleaning the house turned into another project after the window treatment project, but I finished both projects that night and went to bed very satisfied. Now the next project is in the works.

And Friday, I was a good mom. We went for a bike ride, had several puppet show, played trucks, read books, and ate lunch.

6 comments:

Ahren said...

Very nice curtains Tara. I love the colors and the design looks great.
BTW the light over your table is so cool. Did you buy it or did it come with the house?

Tasha L. said...

Tara,
The window treatments look great. I'm the same way with a project, I just get into it and don't want to stop or eat, or anything. The bonus is that my kids are really good cooks now. (Necessity is the mother of invention!?) Your home is adorable!
Tasha

Dan and Merideth said...

the curtains are so cute!!

Yorgasons said...

You are an amazing mom!! Not just a good one!! LOVE the window treatments!! So Cute!! My kids do the same thing...climbing on the counters to find food...and they usually end up finding the candy stash too!!hahaha But its usually the nasty candy that I won't eat because if it is good candy it doesn't last long at our house.

beadify said...

Looks great! You are a woman of many talents...I just go to Walmart :)

Amanda said...

You are so creative! I love the way your dining room looks with the new curtains.