Thursday, February 12, 2009

We Heart Warm Weather


Oh blessed warm weather. The past two days have been in the 500s and we have been out enjoying it. Last night we were out until it was too dark to play outside anymore...just like you do in the summer. If we still didn't have a foot of snow in our yard, I would have set out a blanket and had a picnic.

We've spent most of our time riding bikes. We went down to the park parking lot where Daniel could have free reign. He drove through every puddle. Some of the puddles were so deep his feet fully immersed as he peddled through them. But, the deeper the puddle, the bigger the challenge. I didn't even try to stop him. At one point he was sitting in the puddle...I'm very grateful for the "Heavy Duty" washing cycle on my washing machine.

We finally dug out our snow cave, built one more snowman, and went sledding. Both kids were so tired today they fell asleep before 7pm. I however have no pictures. I'm so sad. The scuba picture is from a couple days ago, but I feel obligated to put up at least one photo with each post.

1 comment:

Harris Family said...

I agree about the warm weather. I know I have caught spring fever as well. It has been in the 60's low 70's this week and I love it. We miss you and love hearing from you!