Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Morning Routine

Every morning I open all the window shades and check the temperature. I have a "natural" thermometer right outside my front window that is always accurate. It is a rhododendron tree. When it was warmer, the rhododendron tree was home to a family of sparrows. I hope they come back from their Florida winter home in the spring.

Anyways, my tree is my running thermometer. I don't check the actual number temperature on the computer until after I go running because if the number is low (which it is a lot here) it makes it psychologically difficult to go outside and run. So, if I see this when I open the shades...

I wear my long underwear under my running clothes. If I see this...

I don't wear my long underwear. It is a foolproof recipe for running dress. When my tree is blooming, I will wear shorts.

After a little jog, I come home, check the number temperature, and then help myself to a big bowl of warm oatmeal with craisins, blueberries, and walnuts. I look forward to it every morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey that's good to know that you shouldn't check the temperature before you go running. Tara, you should add more running tips. I think that would be so helpful. Anyway, I love reading your blog!

Dan and Merideth said...

I cant imagine running outside in that kind of weather!

Ouch!

Harris Family said...

Very cool! I wish I had a tree like that. I am so happy to hear the running is going well.