Sunday, February 22, 2009

Hitting the Pavement


I am in the thick of my marathon training...19 miles yesterday and I'm looking at a 20 mile run this Saturday. Yesterday around mile 8 I heard tire screeching and turned around just in time to witness a three car accident. 10 feet slower and I would have been road kill.

It was awful. My heart goes out to those people. Somewhere between witnessing the accident, pulling my phone out to call 911, and helping people out of the cars I lost my gloves. Then I tried to help out by directing traffic, but I was fired by the cop over his intercom. That's ok, I wasn't doing a good job...I basically just stopped traffic in all directions. Be careful on the roads my fellow runners...and drivers.

Don't you think the shoes I posted are interesting? They are for barefoot running. When I ran the Deseret News marathon, there were actually two guys who ran it bare foot...without those nifty looking shoes. I can't imagine.

2 comments:

beadify said...

yikes, glad you didn't get smashed!

Emily said...

there are some barefoot guys that run the cape ann race every year...

crazy

glad you're not road kill