Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Surprise Visit

Sister Pratt brought a ray of sunshine when she showed up at my door on Tuesday. Ok, she is no longer Sister Pratt. She now goes by Lisa or mom (depending on who is calling her), and is married, so her last name is even different, but she is still the same sweet lady who trained me in all my missionary ways eight years ago. But it didn't feel like it had been eight years since I'd last seen her.

I had such a wonderful time catching up and reminiscing. The mission was such a whirlwind experience...but so wonderful. It was so nice to remember. It did my soul good. I only wish I had taken a picture.

2 comments:

beadify said...

Hey, last time i saw sister Pratt she was rear-ending someone in front of my apt at byu :) Does she live near you now? Has it really been that long since the good old beans and rice, come mais!, tired feet, cockroach, bucket laundry, abracos & beijos, black umbrella giggling, time of our lives mission days?
Is that blackboard your to do list that you write things on after they're done so you can cross them off?:)
love reading your blog!!

Yorgasons said...

Oh my gosh...why do people have to remember the bad things...like rear ending some one...That was a horrible experience! Tara it was soooo good to see you to!! I will be coming up again soon I promise!!! WE will go to the childrens museum this time I looked it up online and it looks like a lot of fun!! Your boys are sooo cute and I can't wait to see you again!!