Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Waldo and Pinky

Daniel has never been a huge sleeper, but on one rare occasion, I walked into his room and found him like this...

Even Waldo pajamas don't get Daniel excited about sleeping...


Besides the child, there is one other thing that is consistent in both pictures..."Pinky". It is the pink and brown blanket that Daniel does not go to sleep without. When I was a kid, my mom had a white, silky blanket kind of like pinky. It was the most comfortable blanket to sleep with and my siblings and I would call dibs on the blanket.

When my mom and sister were visiting this summer, we decided to make each sibling their own silky blanket. I chose the pink and brown fabric for myself. Daniel has since adopted the blanket and now I find myself needing to make a more masculine silky blanket for him. That is my next project, but I'm afraid switching the blue silky blanket for "pinky" is going to be difficult seeing he is awfully attached to "pinky". He even asks for the blanket by name!

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

that's funny. abel has the same thing with his puppy. cannot sleep without it.

April said...

What a cute little man you've got there! And a go-er (I think I made that word up???) just like his mommy!