Sunday, November 25, 2007

Food, Family, and Fun

Thanksgiving is such a great holiday! Who doesn't enjoy good food with friends and family? We were able to spend the holiday in New Jersey with my Aunt and Uncle.


I would not recommend traveling North on I-95 the evening before Thanksgiving. Google Maps said the trip would take 5 hrs 19 min. It took us 7.5 hours! Luckily the trip home wasn't that long.

With my Aunt and Uncle living so close to NYC, we were able to go into the city a couple of times for some good 'ol city fun. We went in to see the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. We did not arrive 2 hours early as is recommended and so our view of the parade was 2 blocks back and looked something like this...

I realized the huge crowd the parade draws must have something to do with the reason the huge balloons were added to the parade. We were only able to see the balloons from where we were standing and they passed by rather quickly. Shrek, in the picture, caught us off guard; hence the banana in Daniel's mouth and the water bottle in my hand. Does any other parent of young children know a good trick to get their children to look at the camera?

On the way to Central Park we passed a respected news outlet.

Central Park was crowded as well, but it was a great stop for Daniel. The weather was unseasonably warm and we were able to have a little picnic before heading back for the Thanksgiving feast!

We really enjoyed spending one on one time with my Aunt and Uncle and appreciate their kindness. We couldn't have asked for a more wonderful Thanksgiving.

You'll have to stay tuned for the details of the rest of the trip. I forgot to pack the digital camera for Friday's trip into the city and so we bought a disposable camera to document Friday's excursion. Now I have to get the film developed the old fashioned way. I think I mentioned my gratitude for digital cameras in my previous blog. I have to second that again!

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

how lucky for you to have nice weather! we never braved the parade because the weather was always miserable.