Sunday, November 11, 2007

Ode To My Husband

He woke up Saturday morning,
Looked out at the rain,
He wanted to jump back in bed
To forget about the upcoming pain.

Instead he put on his shoes
And loaded up the car.
He drove us to the starting line
So we could run real far.

The 8k was a fun event
And he ran just fine
But he decided while running,
He better train next time.

I am one of the most uncreative people, but I had to give a shout out to my wonderful husband. I am an avid runner. I usually sign up for a couple of races each year. Christian is NOT a runner, but usually signs up for a couple races each year. This is how the process works...

Tara: "I'm going to run ___ in a couple of months from now. Would you like to run it with me?"

Christian: "What is the shortest distance race available on that day? I'll run that one and actually train beforehand."

Fast forward a couple of months...

Christian: "What are we doing next weekend?

Tara: "Running the race."

Christian: "Oh. I guess I better start training."

Fast forward a couple of days of no training....

Christian: "My goal is to finish."

Somehow he always does (finish) with no injuries and soreness. I know the only reason Christian signs up for the races is to support me. I'm so grateful for a wonderful husband who not only runs races, but bends over backwards so I can pursue my little dreams. He is so supportive and encouraging in my whimsical projects and jumps in to bail me out when I get stuck. I'm grateful for his objectivity. His ideas and opinions help me experience life more fully.

We also have the greatest little fan who cheered for both of us at the bitter cold finish line. I have the greatest family!

It was so fun to run with Kathi, Sara, and Brent. Also, we are SO grateful for our great friend Elissa who watched our little fan for the whole race.


We all finished!

2 comments:

Ginny Lubin Butler said...

So fun! I'm glad Christian hasn't changed... :) I'm liking the Martin Agency in the background too. I love that you have a blog now so I can keep up with the Richmond happenings!

Holly said...

Ah, how sweet. I'm so impressed with your running- esp. pregnant- wow! I wish I was more motivated like that. :)