Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Late Bloomers

 Well, little Hahn numero 4 is now late 8 days and counting.
Late bloomers is what we are in this family.  
But it's worth the wait.
Look at the little blossoms I already got.




I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I carry my kiddos for a long time.
I've always done long distance everything.
 When I was a swimmer, I wanted to be a sprinter.
Sprint races took 25s - 1 min to complete.
But my best event was the 1500m freestyle.
That was an 18 min event.
 I'm a better marathoner than I am a 10ker.
I have to practice a song on the piano over and over before I can play it.
I had to study, and study, and study in college.
You get the picture.

Today, two police cars, a firetruck, and an ambulance were parked right outside our house.
They were picking up someone with a mental issue and taking him to the hospital.
All my neighbors came running over, thinking it was me being loaded into the ambulance.
How wonderful and kind.
Then, my friend Liz surprised me with cheescake this afternoon.
I should have taken a picture of it before I ate it.
And not to mention my friend Melanie,
who sleeps with her phone every night and already watched my kids the other day for 5 hours.
I feel so lucky to be around such kind, good people.

So anyways, there really is not point to this post other than

I feel very blessed.