Friday, August 24, 2012

Why I've Been MIA

 So I kind of took a summer break from blogging.
I'm back.
I mean, I am having a baby soon, but I'm back for now.
But we've been enjoying the dog days of summer a little too much around here.

 Our summer bounty meals and snacks are so delicious.
For breakfast this morning I had two juicy, sweet peaches.
The watermelon sitting on the counter is calling my name.
Did I mention the strawberries we had for lunch?
Or all the salads we've been enjoying?
There is no better time of year.
I'm sure about that.

And to top it all off, we have become official pool bums.
Pool bums as in we go 6 days a week for hours on end.
Today we stayed for 6 hours.
We meet up with all our friends and just have the most wonderful days.
But today was the last day the pool was open.
I am going to have to reinvent my life.

The pool makes life so easy.
It makes for a nice mom vacation.
Let me explain.
I rarely do laundry, because we only wear pajamas and swim suits.
The house never gets dirty since we are gone all day.
My kids have a hardy appetite and eat almost everything on their plates.
They even eat the things they would have complained about before without complaining.
We get to hang out with our friends every day
(there are a couple of us pool bum families).

Oh how we will miss you pool.

And just for your viewing pleasure...


No comments: