Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday Fun

This is my friend Jackie.
Jackie may not look it, but she is a MAD Scientist
(like she is working on her 2nd post-doc mad scientist).
But lucky for me, she is my friend.
She comes over every Friday to do experiments with my kids.

Here is a little sampling or her handy work...

...mentos + soda = explosions, running, and girlish screams.



There sure was a lot of sampling going on during that experiment.
Do you blame them though?
Remember, the ingredients are mentos and soda!

Elmers glue + borax + water = slime



Walking on eggs.
I couldn't believe this one.

And finally the infamous volcano!



Thank you Jackie.
Thank you a million times over for making life so magical for my kids.
We love Fridays.

6 comments:

ellen said...

I met her recently; she's very cool!

Queen Elizabeth said...

Awesome - your kids are well on their way to choosing the correct college majors! And here I thought that I was walking on eggs (shells? is that the difference?) around here every weekday after 2:30pm. (What WILL the mood be? Stay tuned... it changes on a dime.) Jackie IS fabulous - so are you!

Tasha L. said...

How fun! What a great friend. We'll have to try the walking on eggs here sometime!

Ahren said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I hope you got videos of the mentos and soda. What an awesome friend.

Jenelle said...

Wow! That is amazing! I didn't know you could walk on eggs!!!!

What an awesome friend - to take time to show your kids some real science. It looks like you've all had a blast!

Drewmeister said...

This is so fun! I want to come do some experiments