Monday, September 26, 2011

Happy Birthday

Dearest Little Bug,

This month you turned six. How is it possible that you are already 1/3 the way thru your childhood? It seems like yesterday I was holding you in the hospital. I felt so inadequate. I was. I had no idea how to be a mom. I still don't, but I am grateful you are patient and forgiving.



I can't believe how capable you are. I am amazed by your abilities. My favorite things to do with you are to swim and ride bikes. You have mastered both. I love to watch you read. You hated reading, but you stuck with it, and now the world is yours. Math comes so easily to you. I love watching you think. I love your imagination. I love how you construct things.



You are my conqueror. The world is yours. My heart is yours. I love you Daniel.

love,

Mom

2 comments:

Queen Elizabeth said...

So sweet!

Gaylene and Emil said...

You sure know how to be a Mom now! (I think you always had it in you!) Looks like you provided an awesome sixth birthday for Daniel! Happy Birthday, Daniel! What a wonderful grandson you are.