Thursday, September 1, 2011

Back to School

This school year our family theme is...

· Learn of me, and listen to my words; walk in the meekness of my Spirit, and you shall have peace in me.” (D&C 19:23)

We had a feast to celebrate the beginning of this momentous occasion.
These little guys stole the evening spotlight.

"Education is not filling a pail but the lighting of a fire."
-William Butler Yeats




The evening was spent dining on...

greens, beets, walnuts, blue cheese, lemon vinaigrette salad
almond-crusted salmon with caramelized onions
tomato dill couscous

and...

delicious conversations.




So watch out world, here they come...

...after dessert of course.


Cheers to this year!

5 comments:

Queen Elizabeth said...

How awesome! And here's to them choosing the correct majors in college! ;)

Gaylene and Emil said...

What a fancy way to start the school year--Looks like Hahn Homeschool is going to be one of the very elite places to get an education! I'm in awe!

Tasha L. said...

Oh, that is such a fun idea! What beautiful pictures. This post looks like a page out of a magazine. I love the scripture you've chosen as your theme.

Ahren said...

What a beautiful way to start the school year. I'm so excited for you to be homeschooling. I look forward to hearing about all your great ideas and experiences.

ajensen said...

Can my kids come to Hahn homeschool? It would Totally be worth the hour drive. I'm not kidding.