Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

I got a new phone. It is nothing fancy. In fact it was free. "Free" is why I got the phone I did. I didn't have to upgrade my simple plan (that I pay pennies for) to the super duper slapa wapa plan. So basically, the only choice I had when it came to picking a phone, was color...gray or limeade. I chose limeade of course.

I thought the only green thing about my phone was it's color. Well, when I powered it up today, I realized it is GREEN. Like it is made of recycled materials and comes with a Prius as an accessory, and don't forget the "coexist" bumper sticker that goes on the back. All the preloaded backgrounds are pictures of rivers, waterfalls, flowers, dolphins, oceans, etc. The preloaded ringtones are called "mother earth", "on a journey", "trailhead", "soft beams of sunlight", "lightening bug"...you get the idea.

I bet you Al Gore is saved in my speed dial already.

Now excuse me while I go and download the sound of a hummer revving up for my ringtone. Because I really don't buy in to this political movement/distraction.

3 comments:

Queen Elizabeth said...

Don't let the word get out! People may realize that they are being DUPED! :)

Amanda said...

We've been having the same phone thoughts! - After 4 years our phones are finally starting to poop out on us. I went to the AT&T store yesterday and the lady gave me a look of disbelief when I told her I didn't want anything with internet, text plans, bells, or whistles. She led me over to a sad little corner of the store and showed me the 5 phones I have to choose from. I'm happy to keep my simple plan and simple phones. :)

Unknown said...

This post is cracking me up.

Now I'm off the rev the engine on my SUV!