Tuesday, February 22, 2011

How To Stop A Freight Train

Our family freight train has come to a screeching stop. Some little bug has been going around and I alone remain to tell the tale. Only I have managed to escape it's fury...so far...but I feel as though I am a prisoner waiting to die.

It has been hard watching each person in my family go through this little doozy (and clean up after each). And now I know all too well the journey my body will have to make...I just don't know when it will happen.

While the little boys were sick, I let them watch some movies (a rare treat in our house). This morning they asked if they could watch some. I said we were going to do other things since they were feeling better. Both kiddos immediately started complaining about their tummies hurting and how sick they were. They even went and retrieved their little throw up containers they were all to familiar with just to prove their point.

I called their bluff when they started jumping off the couch and driving around on the scooter. I had them vacuuming and cleaning the mirrors in no time.

So, if you don't hear from me in a while, you will probably find me in the bathroom, hugging that porcelain bowl.

3 comments:

Queen Elizabeth said...

Let me know if you need help - seriously.

Tasha L. said...

Oh, no fun. I hope you escape it!

shannon said...

that's funny because my kids are the same! they actually get excited when they throw-up because they know that means they get to watch "shows". i'm glad you have escaped it so far! good luck!