Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Did the Groundhog See His Shadow?

Today's snow adventures started with the dressing of little hands and feet into puffy, bulky gear.


When I realized our sled was buried under the latest snow, I got out the pool toys and made this little number.

Did you know sleds are to winter as strollers are to summer?
I just learned that.

So off we went, a half mile down the road.
We needed to get some things at the craft store to make Valentines.
The craft store was closed, but getting down and back was an adventure.
Daniel and I had to army crawl over snow piles.
The boat tipped over once, spilling its contents (James) onto the snow.
James gets jello legs in the snow.
We all got stuck.
We lost one boot.
We wore a hole in our boat, frequent inflating stops were in order.

In the end, we didn't end up making Valentines today.
We mostly shoveled and worked on our snow cave.


Maybe we'll make Valentines tomorrow.
I unburied our sled.

4 comments:

ajensen said...

Hey Tara!! I love your posts. So much fun happening down in that neck of the woods. I cannot believe we missed the dog sledding. I REALLY wanted to go to that! So sad. I am so slow these days! Not an excuse to miss so much fun but I think I really am.

Anna is so big too! Cute Cute Cute!!!

Drewmeister said...

You are a brave woman to take all 3 kids out in the snowstorm yesterday. too bad the store was closed.

Unknown said...

I never thought of a sled! I totally need to go get one. I've been so sad that I can't get my stroller down the street.

Yorgasons said...

I love the pile of clothes in the first picture!! That is exactly how it is in the winter and it takes 1/2 an hour to get everybody ready to out and play!! Love it!