Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Rise and Shine

I had to mix things up this morning. Christian is in the city of "brotherly love", and we needed a little more sunshine this morning. So I did something I've never done before with my kids...went for donuts.

I've heard Kanes is the best donut shop around. It was in a small town with winding, tree-lined roads. We rolled the windows down and sang "Life is a Highway" at the top of our lungs because that is their favorite song. There are frequent outbursts of that song during random parts of the day.



The shop had a table full of old men, hanging out with their morning coffee. They all guessed my pregnant belly indicated "boy". That is the first time any old man has commented like that to me...mostly old ladies take a gander at the gender of the baby. Right after, the lady behind the counter said

"I hope its a girl!"

I just want a healthy baby.


And of coarse the most popular donut was the one laden with blue 42, yellow 54, red 87, orange, 12, 67 lbs of sugar, 87623409 grams of saturated fat, etc. But the experience was once in a lifetime...and probably will remain that way, because now I have a stomach ache.

No comments: