Friday, December 12, 2008

This Week

Our neighbor, who introduces herself as "Squeaky" (her nickname is very fitting), gave us some of her old Christmas decorations. Daniel and I decorated his bed with some blinking/singing Christmas lights. We refer to his bed right now as his sleigh. James loves them.



A couple other moms and I do a little joyschool twice a week for our boys. It is basically a glorified play group. On Thursday, we went to visit and sing Christmas songs to a bunch of Grandmas. I was so nervous to walk into the rest home with five 3 year old boys and 3 younger kids. One of the Christmas trees was decorated in porcelain tea cups...yikes. But we made it in and out without breaking anything.

Just in the time it has taken to write this post, I have
  1. Been asked "Where do babies come from?"
  2. Cut a piece of gum out of Daniel's hair
  3. Changed a diaper that has scented my house with the most unChristmas-like scent
James is not even awake. Is there no rest for the weary? I'm off to light a scented candle.

7 comments:

Drewmeister said...

I love the sleigh bed--wish I had one of those when I was a kid

By the way--I tagged you. See my blog for more details.

Ahren said...

James is so cute with his smile and kicking legs. I love how little kids show they are happy with their whole body.

That's neat that you went to sing at the rest home. What a good experience for your boys.

Unknown said...

Could that be one of the candles that brings back those memories from your childhood? hahahaha, I loved that post by the way.

Erica said...

I love the new family photo! Can't wait to see you guys next week!

beadify said...

Love your new family pic! I also love all of your great quotes - hope you don't mind me stealing them!!

It's amazing what can happen during a blog post with two little ones, even when one is sleeping!

Dan and Merideth said...

GREAT PICTURE by the way!! the one at the top of your blog!!

Dan and I are having a baby! Yea! Due in August!

Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

I love your new picture it is great!