Monday, November 17, 2008

Smokin' Hot

Date nights for the Hahns are of the usual sort for the most part. You know, we do things like go out to dinner, go for a walk, watch a movie, shop, etc. Well, Saturday night that husband of mine really mixed things up. I put on my tight jeans and dancin' shoes and we went down to the Boot Scootin' Boogie.
It was so fun! You'd never know this engineer of mine was a pretzel pro. Both of us were completely lost in all the line dances. I say "all" the line dances because they didn't repeat one line dance the whole time we were there. Just as we were beginning to catch on, the song ended and it was time to learn another one. Texas would be ashamed I claim it as home...but then again who wouldn't claim Texas!

Maybe we should go salsa dancing next.

Hot diggity dog! I got a lot done today. I'm going to list everything because I am the type who writes something down on my to-do list that I've already completed just so I can cross it off!
  • Ran 5 miles
  • Racked and bagged 10 bags of leaves
  • Mowed half the yard (then James woke up)
  • Ran two errands
  • Made and cleaned up 3 warm meals...they were simple, they always are when Christian is out of town.
  • Played astronaut
  • Played tractor
  • Played playdough
  • Washed, folded, and put away all the laundry
  • Tiddied the house
  • Did the whole bedtime routine alone (Christian is in NY)
  • Scripture study
  • 3 blog posts
Whew, I'm tired and off to bed to read a paragraph before I fall asleep. I love days like today!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

That sounds like so much fun! Paul and I want to find some dance places like that. Way to be productive today too! I really need to get into a routine so I use my time better. I could use a few tips if you have any... :)

Dan and Merideth said...

Oh my goodness you really must be pooping your kids ritalin or something! I cant imagine doing all that in one day! I was just now thinking of all the thing ive done.. and i guess its a decent list but when you go to work all day alot of what you wanted to do NEVER happens! I would love to go to work and and do all the things you did, I guess that's why i count the (years) until i can be a stay at home mom too! I am really looking forward to it!!

Ps if you were meaning that you could really use the help by me coming to visit - i would love to make that happen one day!

beadify said...

Hey, I write things on the list and cross them off even after they're done, too! It makes me feel better! Way to get so much done!!

Erica said...

Wow, I'm sooo impressed! I always want to get that much done, but don't ever seem to really get everything I want done! How are you surviving with your hubby being gone? We are surviving Eli's absence only because he is having such a great time seeing old friends!

Shawn Butler said...

Uh, oh. There goes Christian Hahn again, Raising the bar for the rest of us - Throwing off the curve...

I hope my wife doesn't read this post, she'll start to expect more from date nights then the burrito run to Taco Bell with Charlotte asleep in her carseat. Now she'll want dancing.

Sherie said...

AMAZING! You do SO much girl! So I totally write things on my list that are done so I can check them off too! Love it!
Whenever you slow down a bit :) I'm totally up for doing something fun or working on a project together. Let me know--ball's in your court! :)

P.S. I tagged you on my blog.