Monday, November 17, 2008

Outing With The Boys

Last week the boys and I went to the Children's Museum. It turns out to be quite the little boy adventure. We take the bus to the subway station. We have to take two lines to get close enough to walk to the museum, and then repeat all the transportation in reverse to get home. Daniel loves riding the bus and train though, so it is all part of the day's outings.

The subway surfing pro.
Doesn't he really look like a regular subway rider...long face, lost in thought look, holding onto the pole?

As we were walking to the museum, several fire trucks and ambulances raced past. There was a fire in a building close to the museum. Unfortunately others misfortune resulted in our fortune. Daniel was excited to see the hook and ladder truck extended and all the fire fighters working. No one was injured.

After the fire fighting scene, we stopped for lunch at a cafe where they supposedly make the best PB&J sandwiches. I was sick to my stomach looking at all the PB&J that goes on the "best" sandwich.We ended up scrapping most of it off. It was even too much for Daniel who loves to eat PB by the spoonful. I think the sandwich weighed 1/2 lb.


In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul.
-Lisa Shepherd

True dat!

1 comment:

Tasha L. said...

Oh, Tara, I'm going to have to steal that quote! I love it. That picture of Daniel on the subway is just so cute. And, I also love getting lots of stuff done on a "to do" list. You've inspired me to get going on my day, so I have a good "list" by tonight!
Tasha