Thursday, November 13, 2008

Family Update

I don't feel the blogging juices flowing, but all the kids are in bed and now is my chance, so a mere family update will have to suffice.

James


Just graduated from the infant carrier to the lazy boy car seat. I can't believe how much space the two car seats take up in the back of our car. He has three chompers and is getting a fourth. He loves ALL food, and snorts when he wants to eat something he can see. He is going to be a tough guy if he makes it through infanthood and all the "love" a 3 year old brother gives.

Daniel

Besides trucks, Daniel's favorite pretend play scenarios are scuba divers and bear hunts.

I busted out my old scuba gear for him to play with, but he is afraid to put it on. He loves it when I wear the gear though. He pretends he is an alligator and I chase him. We "swim" the circle in our house with me nipping at his toes and he giggles at that. My mask gets all fogged up so I can't even see where I'm going, but he insists I wear it.

Photos courtesy of Daniel

Bear hunts include going through the mud, swimming through the lake, climbing up a tree, walking through the grass, and tip toeing through the cave. Once we are in the cave, we are chased by the bear back through all those things and finally up to my bed where we hide under the blanket for safety...before we hunt bears again

and again

and again

and again!


Christian

Work is taking him all sorts of interesting places. Just this week he was in NY, CT, and VT. We are excited to have him home for the weekend. I'm thinking of calling up National Instruments and setting up some sort of appointment to have Christian stop by so he can automate my laundry. Then I would at least get to see him for an hour before he tried to sell me a $20,000 system. But, if it could do my laundry for me, it would be worth it.

Tara

I decided I'm going to run the Boston Marathon. I'm going to have to run it unofficially this year because I am 20 minutes off from qualifying for it, but I'm going to run it anyways. Hopefully I'll be able to run a marathon in the fall of 2009 and officially qualify for the Boston Marathon. 20 minutes is a lot of time to drop, but I did drop 20 minutes between my 2nd and 3rd marathon, so I'm hoping I can do that again. The race is April 20th...which means training starts real soon. I don't know how I'm going to train through a winter. I usually train in the summer.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok this is Christians cousin Sara. I just have to say that I have been keeping up with your blog for a while and never left a comment. However, I think it is awsome that you are going to run a marathon. A half marathon was my goal for a while, however I dont think my knee will allow for it. So I am going to try to do the Seattle to Portland bike ride this year. It is just over 200 miles and I think would take the place of a marathon. I do wish I could run though, I love to run! Anyhow, I just wanted you to know that I think it is awsome and that I really enjoy your blog!

Dan and Merideth said...

I love reading your blog!

I cant believe (actually i can) that you do all those silly things with your kids. I hope one day i do. I think i would be more along the lines of "lets do something fun and very structured and ill clean up the mess when your done" OR "no you can not hang up your coun down chain in my living room, it doest match the decor" OR Dont jump in the leaves that i just raked, now i have to start over".... Anyways so YES, I do hope that i grow out of my "everything has a place" anal ways and become the fun, full of ideas happy loving mom.

Keep it up! you do a great job at your 'job'!

Yorgasons said...

You are such a wonderful mom!!! And you kids are adorable!! Might as well run the Boston Marathon since you are there right? :) I wish I could run...you will have to teach me...or train me or give me tips or something...because I can't even run up the stairs...sad..but true! :) My sisters still hasn't told me the date of her baby shower yet but as soon as she tells me I will let you know!! Can't wait to see you and meet your beautiful boys!!

beadify said...

I can totally relate with you trying to help the baby survive older brother's "loves," and doing things over and over and over again! This age is fun, but a little exhausting sometimes! You're such a great mommy! I wish we could get our boys together to get a little energy out on each other! :)

LisaLou said...

Those pictures of you scuba diving were great. I think Daniel is well on his way to becoming a professional photographer. Will you put on your scuba gear when you are out here for Christmas? Please oh please? That picture of the boys and Christian under the blanket is super cute. Tara, you are a wonderful mom, keep up the great work.