Thursday, October 23, 2008

Family Visit

I had such a hard time deciding which pictures to post of my family's visit. We took tons of pictures! Hopefully this small sampling will help us remember all the good times. We saw so many neat things while they were here, but my favorite part was just hanging out with the whole gang.

Old North Church


Mrs. Mallard with J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q...ack


All of us inside one of the Holocaust memorials


Lunch at the oldest restaurant in the United States...The Union Oyster House.
We had clam chowder and baked beans...very Bostonish


Old North Church...imagine what sorts of things you could get away with at church nowadays if the pews were really that closed in!


When Grandpa Pickett comes to visit, Daniel gets to eat Lucky Charms for breakfast and hot dogs for lunch. When Grandpa Hahn comes, we have super nutri-packed smoothies for breakfast and fresh tomatoes on rye bread for lunch. Normally, Daniel has oatmeal for breakfast and peanut butter and jelly for lunch.


James is thinking "Ah....Mom..."


That is it...Plymouth rock...the real McCoy...kind of small.


On the "Mayflower"
Daniel was convinced it was a real pirate ship.


Captain Jack


This little guy was by far the cutest thing we saw on the Boston Duck tour.


Old North Bridge. Joan is totally modelish and Daniel is wondering where he can get some rocks to throw into the river.


This picture was just too cute to not put up.
Although our boys are sitting on what is the representative animal for the Democratic party, we are not voting that way.
I can't say much for people who pick a donkey to represent them.
And we all know a synonym for donkey!


Climbing up the Bunker Hill Monument.
Joan took this picture.
That is half of my husbands patootie.
Hmmmmmm.

Mmmmmmm, pastries in the Public Garden


"Mom, are we done yet?!?!?!"

The End

5 comments:

Dan and Merideth said...

Oh you look like you are having so much fun! It great that your family came to see you! Your sister is getting so big!! and your kids are so cute!!

I remember that one time we were on the bus together -- I remember thinking that I wanted to be just like you! The funny thing is; I still do!

Hope you are loving Life! It sure looks like you are!! I LOVED being at your utah wedding! Im so glad I could go! I hope to see yall sometime in the near future; I guess our blogs will have to do for now!!

Ahren said...

Oh what cute pictures. It looks like a really fun visit. We miss you all a bunch.

Cheree said...

Okay, I'm still laughing about the donkey and patootie pictures and captions. Did you plan on having them back to back?? HMMM??? Looks like you're having a great time! Thanks fo rthe updates. I love to hear how you all are doing.

Tasha L. said...

We've got to figure out a way to come visit you & Christian. Maybe Bob and I and the kids could all hitchhike from Rigby to Boston. Now that would be a real adventure!
Thanks for sharing the fun pictures! I had to smile about the difference in the food Daniel eats with each grandpa. It's the same with our kids grandparents.
Tasha

April said...

That looks like some GREAT times! I LOVE having family come to visit! Now, you should repay them and come HERE to visit them. :)