Sunday, April 13, 2008

All Systems Go

James will be one week old tomorrow. It has been such a wonderful week despite all the bodily adjustments for both of us. We are both doing well. The birth of a new baby helps me remember how grateful I am to be alive! What a wonderful blessing it is to have such a healthy body and to experience this world.

Sleeping

Coming into the world at 9lbs 12oz, 21 inches long, and still sleeping!

Daniel has been such a great big brother. He is always concerned about "the baby". He really likes to hold James. He has shared his trucks with James already. Watching a two year old boy share his trucks with his little brother is a true sign of brotherly love. I'm so grateful I have two boys. Everyone needs good friends in this world and I'm glad they will have each other to experience life with. I was thinking about the beauty of the relationship between the Smith brothers (Hyrum and Joseph). What a blessing it is to have a brother.

We've had some warm days...hooray!
The pool water did start out clean.

Christian has been my guardian angel. I don't know a better way to express it.

6 comments:

beadify said...

What a darling little chubby face!(the baby's :) Glad to hear you are both doing well!

Tim said...

He looks just like Christian :) Even the skin color and his ears. It is like a carbon copy of his Dad. Wow!! I never before thought that babies really looked like their parents. James even looks just like Tara. I think it is his nose and the color of his eyes are just like hers. This is amazing. Come to think of it he looks just like his older brother also. It is like he is a clone. Amazing. Genetics and proteomics. Great stuff!!!! Love you guys,

Tim

Tasha L. said...

Oh, your boys are adorable! And I'm glad Christian is taking good care of you.
Tasha

~Aimee~ said...

He is so CUTE!!! Glad to hear y'all are doing well and adjusting. :-)

Lynn Pribus said...

If you are the same Tara I photographed yesterday in Charlottesville, I'd appreciate your getting in touch with me. I'd very much like a comment from you about the White Flags guy.

Many thanks.

Lynn Pribus
lynnpribus@hotmail.com

Lizzy said...

9 lbs 12 oz never looked so tiny...spoken by a Mom who has forgotten about newborns.