Sunday, March 29, 2015

Sugar Shacks

 Spring here means it is Maple Syrup time.
Which means you have to go to Parker's Maple Barn.
You get to visit their sugar shack and see how to make Maple Syrup,
but most importantly, you get to eat a huge breakfast
covered, DRENCHED in warm, fresh maple syrup.
Basically, you drink it.

 On the way home we realized our little plot of land,
10 miles outside of Boston,
has a lot of maple trees on it.

So we tapped our maple trees.
In one day we have collected 7 gallons of sap.
I can't believe it.
The kids love checking the taps.

Home brewed maple syrup here we come!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun experience for the kids! We are going to have to go check out Parker's! :) Miss ya Tara!

Tasha L. said...

Wow, it never ceases to amaze me how many adventures your family has!

Brittany H said...

Hey Tara!
This is Brittany, Christian's cousin. I don't know if you remember me; I haven't seen you in forever! Anyway, we are homeschooling and I am not loving the curriculum we are using this year. Gaylene gave me your blog address, and it looks like we have a similar style when it comes to teaching. I wondered if you would share with me what you use for Language Arts and Math. I would appreciate any advice! My email is heinergirl@gmail.com. I know you are super busy, but if you had a minute, I would appreciate it!!!