Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Little Ladies

 7 little ladies moved into the backyard.
Getting them here was quite the ordeal.
Our neighbors down the street gave us their coop and chickens.
We enlisted the help of friends (maybe they won't call us friends anymore) to help us move the coop.
It was 12 degrees and icy on moving day.
The coop only weighs 87346012348761234987 lbs.
Sampson, the cocky rooster, got out.
Sampson was scared out of his mind as 10 guys were trying to chase him down.
Remember I told you it was icy?
Sampson eventually lost, but he sure put up a good fight.

 Since the ladies have taken residence in the backyard,
they have been on the trampoline,
sledding down the hill,
and had little humans crawling in and out of their coop.

Hens usually lay an egg/day.
If they get frightened, they won't lay.

We have collected 1 egg.
If they weren't so scared, we could have had 28 by now.

I can't believe this is my life?!?!?!?!?!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness... there are no words. I love this more than anything. I sure wish we were neighbors. I {heart} you!!